Up to £28k plus bonus + car +
lunch allowance + pension
Join Wrigley as a field sales representative, and you’ll quickly see that our sales careers are different. You see, with us, sales is about variety. We’re home to some amazing, much-loved brands and you’ll be working across a number of channels to boost their profile even more.
Our field sales representatives are seen as the future talent for our business, so we’re passionate about your development. We encourage our people to achieve their potential, and we have plenty of initiatives in place to help them do just that. What’s more, if you have drive and passion, you can expect great opportunities for progression, both within sales and beyond. And at Wrigley, sales is a great place to get your talents noticed. You’ll be joining a highly motivated team and you’ll have huge scope to add value, to voice your ideas and to make sales mean more.
As a field sales representative with us, you can expect to:
- Drive sales by getting more of our products out there, making them more visible and keeping retailers’ stocks replenished
- Make sure our displays stand out and put strong business cases together to secure the top spots in different outlets
- Support your clients by providing product and market information, merchandising advice and guidance on displays
- Get to grips with stock control systems and our supply chain to make sure retailers never run low on our products
- Keep up to speed with market changes, trading trends, retail developments, new channels and competitor activities, as well as always looking out for new opportunities.
To join us as a field sales representative, you’ll need:
- A proven track record of sales in an FMCG, retail or similar environment
- Excellent selling, negotiation and networking skills
- A passion and energy for sales
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team and take ownership and accountability of results
- A drive for results and dedication to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- A solution focused mindset with effective problem solving skills
- Capable of spotting and championing new opportunities
- The aptitude to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent with good numeracy and analytical skills
- A full driving licence
Once we piloted it,
we knew it would fly.
Sales is about giving profits a boost. Taking them higher. And then higher still. But at Wrigley, there’s a bit more to it than that. We like to add real value to our clients. Which is how David found himself launching a brand new display unit for a major retailer. When the retailer embarked on a store update programme, David decided it was the perfect time to remodel their Wrigley displays. So he developed and deployed a new design. The retailer was fiercely commercial in its approach, so the potential rewards had to be clear to see. Sure enough, the new model was rolled out across the whole business – a 21,000% uplift from the initial pilot. David’s now a divisional sales manager. Probably because he knows exactly how to make sure his ideas take off.
Some people are cut out for success.
We’re big believers in sharing knowledge – and responsibility. Just ask Natasha. Her background was in field sales operations, so she knew all about looking at data and using it to make decisions. The thing was, when she made the move to field sales, she quickly realised that all of that information would be much more useful if it was put into the hands of the sales team itself. It had never been done that way before but Natasha made her case, and a real difference. With so much data at their fingertips, her team was not only more engaged, it achieved an uplift in sales right across the board. It was a great result. And we’re sure that success will continue to be the shape of things to come for Natasha.
If you've got the knowledge,
you'll go places.
It’s amazing what you can pick up at Wrigley. New insights. Fresh ideas. And if you’re as ambitious as our associate Chris, the most prestigious sales patch in the country. You see, when Chris joined us as a field sales representative in Reading, he already had his eyes on the bigger prize – the London region. He wasn’t deterred by the fact that it’s an area typically reserved for the most experienced, highest performing reps. Instead, he came up with a plan. He knew he needed to find out what it took to succeed in this very different sales environment, so he spent time with a London rep to get to grips with the way she worked.
He quickly realised that her success was down to the quality of relationships, not the quantity of calls. He took these lessons back to his patch in Reading, and helped to transform a declining account into one that’s now worth more than £100,000. It was the kind of visibility he needed to win that coveted role in London.
Goodbye off the shelf.
Hello made-to-measure Point of Sale.
We’ve never been big on one-size-fits-all solutions. And when a major customer of ours was planning to revamp its stores, our associate Paul came up with something truly bespoke. A display unit that had never been seen before. We never stand in the way of a great idea, but there were a couple of snags. One, it didn’t exist. And two, it would take a bit of design genius to work it into the new look stores. Turns out they weren’t problems for Paul. He made the business case and persuaded our customer into letting him work alongside their designers. Did it pay off? Well Paul’s new-look designs didn’t just turn heads. They turned a tidy profit too. The knock-on effect was a 10% uplift in sales. That’s what happens when you give great people the freedom to show exactly what they’re made of.
How far do you want to go?
When Computer Science graduate Matt joined us a field sales representative, we quickly realised he had the talent to go far. A role as a National Account Manager for a large supermarket chain soon followed. And when he made a success of that, his managers started to put him in more and more demanding environments. Each time, he rose to the challenge and proved that he was destined for big things. Today, he’s our Head of Confections for Europe where securing a 40% growth in the market for SKITTLES® and STARBURST® is one of his teams many achievements. It just goes to show. No matter where you join us, a career here can take you a long, long way.